I am sure you will have been following the news around the UK’s situation with Coronavirus. Following the government’s latest advice, we have decided to postpone our forthcoming events at the Lee Valley Velopark and the West Reservoir, Stoke Newington.
We will reschedule all events once the long-term public health advice becomes more clear.
We are a small organisation, and we hope that you will continue to support us by joining us for your planned event when we are able to reschedule it.
In the meantime please stay safe, and keep on riding/running when you can.
From the Capital Tri Team
Is my event still on?
All races and training sessions between 16 March to the 31st of August have been postponed.
For events post 30th August, please check back here 1 week before your planned event.
What can I do to minimise risk of infection?
- As with any event, competitors should only take part in an event if they are fit and well
- If you are unwell, please do not attend the event, you will be asked to leave immediately
- If you are showing symptoms of coronavirus as per government and NHS guidance, then you must follow the relevant advice.
- Please review the current UK Government and NHS guidance for COVID-19
What will we be doing to minimise risk of infection?
If your event does go ahead, we will be taking a number of steps to minimise the risk of infection. This may include:
- Controlled registrations - registrations will be staggered to reduce congestion
- Online briefings - written race briefings will provided online before the event, not on the day
- Marshalling - athletes will be asked to spread themselves out, not bunch together for the start
- No mass starts - athletes will start in small groups or individually (like a time trial)
- No finish area - athletes will be asked to collect their belingings and leave as soon as as they have finshed their race